So, recently my hubby has been getting torn to pieces at work (Navy, am I right?). They are keeping him late, calling him in after he already comes home from work, and switching to 6-day work weeks. On top of that, I’ve been wanting his attention and asking him to get things done around the house and hoping to get as many things done as possible before the big Deployment.
So what can you do when your husband is stressed or overworked or maybe even for no reason, just to be a Badass Wifey? Spa Treatment.
It is not only super cheap, but is probably the most awesome present ever for the other person. Who ever refuses a massage? Crazy people, that’s who. So here’s what you gotta do:
Easy Steps to a Badass Wifey Spa Treatment
- Buy Massage Oil – this is literally the only part of this gift that costs money unless you don’t already have a sheet and candles. I got a lavender oil from TJMaxx.
- Prep the Room
- Put a sheet over the bed as you will not want your comforter to get all oily – If you have a table that you can walk around that comes up near your waist or a twin/full bed, USE THIS! I used the short queen bed in our guest bedroom and had to kneel down a bunch and struggled to massage the half of him that was not on the edge.
- Spray a scent over the sheet and pillow – I used Febreeze
- Put tea light candles around the room – do not light until close to massage time
- Light an incense
- Put on a soothing playlist – I used Nature Sounds on Pandora, but the advertisements that played during it broke up the tranquility
- Optional: Get a snack tray and some lemon water. I had a plate of meats, cheese, and crackers as well as a glass of water, but he did not eat or drink during the massage so… oh well.
- Get Yourself Ready – You can decide how you want your “masseuse” image to look like. I put on a black pencil skirt with a tucked-in loose tank top, put my hair in a high bun, wore nude pantyhose, and had on heels (that were removed when I had to maneuver myself around the giant bed).
- Game Time
- When you are ready to start, ask him to take a shower.
- While he is showering, run and grab his robe and throw it in the dryer and wait outside the bathroom door like a psycho listening for him to be done. While I was waiting, I lit the candles and brought the snack plate to the room.
- When the water turns off, tell him to wait in there and go grab the robe from the dryer. Greet him outside the shower with the warm robe and give him a nice little talk about how much you appreciate the hard work he does and want him to relax for a while.
- Lead him into the room and ask him to lay down
- Massage away!!
Personally, I went on YouTube and searched “60 minute massage” and just had my phone out mimicking whatever the lady in the video was doing. This worked pretty well, just make sure your phone is on silent so it’s not vibrating or ringing during the massage. If you want to improvise for however long, go right ahead!
I let out nervous uncontrollable giggles when I accidentally brushed his balls with my hand during the leg portion of the massage… Please have the self control I lacked during your own massages, ladies. This was totally not badass of me. Lesson learned.
The husband fell asleep after I was done and slept naked on the “massage table” for 2 hours!! I had some Buffalo Chicken Pizza cooking and ready for us to eat after he woke up. He told me how amazing I am and I told him he deserved it.
This gift is a very easy and inexpensive one and will be greatly appreciated by your man.
I mean, you’re welcome.